Just some simple helpful tips and tricks I picked up along the way, while visiting different schools and attending PDs.
- REMOTE MOUSE: Control your computer’s mouse and keyboard from anywhere in your classroom.
Don’t want to be chained to the front of the classroom to click the next slide on your PowerPoint or SMART Notebook presentation? Want to walk around the classroom and facilitate while still having control of moving the mouse and typing?
- Just take your Android or iPhone smartphone and go to www.remotemouse.net. Click Download and install the software.
- Then go to www.remotemouse.net on your desktop, or laptop, and click GET NOW. It will guide you in steps to connect the two. You must be on the same network with your phone as you are with the laptop.
- Open the app and then add the IP number of your laptop. You can find that number when you double click the remote mouse app by the time and date on your laptop.
- MAKE YOUR PROJECTOR SHOW SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN YOUR TEACHER LAPTOP.
Want to do a quick internet search, or print something out, but the students are copying something off the screen or watching a documentary?
- Click the Windows Button on the keyboard while tapping “P”. Then you can choose EXTEND SCREEN and have your presentation dragged onto the extended screen while you have a browser open on yours.
- SPEAK INTO YOUR COMPUTER TO PULL UP IMAGES AND OTHER INFORMATION.
Want to make searching with the class more fun?
SIMPLE: Click the Microphone icon on the Google Search bar and allow Google to access your mic. Then you can go to Google and say “OK Google” a microphone pops up and then say your search …”What is the speed of light?” This only works when the class is quiet, so it sometimes gets the students to behave better….sometimes.
- CREATE A GOOGLE EARTH TOUR THAT BRINGS YOUR STUDENTS TO TEH LOCATIONS MENTIONED IN YOUR LESSON.
- Free Storybooks read by celebrities with animation. www.storylineonline.net (If Youtube is blocked, click SELECT PLAYER up top and choose SchoolTube.)
- All your favorite teacher tools on one site https://classroomscreen.com/
- Upgrade your SMART Board “FIRMWARE,” not just software
- Have a cost effective interactive board with just a projector and an iPad, iPhone or Android www.smoothboard.net
- Pear Deck allows interaction with Google Slides. Students can do a lot more than respond to the slides using devices in front of them. peardeck.com
FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW.
[vimeo 117948842 w=500 h=299]
There are many great and free SMART Notebook files already out there to help educate and engage the students (ie. Science Jeopardy) There are also great lessons on Teacherspayteachers.com Download version 11.4 here (do not download version 14 or 15. 11.4 is the free one)
GO TO https://education.smarttech.com/en/products/notebook/download
and click “Looking for an older version of Notebook” and choose 11.4.
ENTER YOUR INFORMATION. DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ACCURATE